View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 May 2021, 13:38

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Swim Guides 

Hi all,

If you want a swim by swim guide then I,m your man.

Fished there for over 25 years. A truely satisfactory experience. :D

One of the very best specimen waters in Scotland.

Provided you have the time to get your head around it.

Its VERY late evening and early morning so it fishes best through an overnighter

For the carp, chod or silt rigs are best with pop ups unless you know the type of bottom you are presenting to. Bottom baits are good near the lily,s :roll:

Car security is best in the village of uplamoor then cut down through the woods.

Hemp seed and pell,ets work very very well :oops:

but you need to pre-bait about a week prior to your session a good example woulld be tuesday and thursday, then fish either friday or saturday.

All things being in your favour you could have 2 or 3 carp for your efforts, not to mention some very big tench if you use fruity flavoured boillies. :D

So if you want some good advice about fishing this venue I would be glad to help.

[/b]

25 Mar 2007, 00:07

sounds like you know your way about libo i fished it last year and blanked everytime :? :? we are planning to renew our memberships soon and fish it all summer was told by another member about hemp and to look for the clear patches were they had been feeding i did catch some nice roach and perch when float fishing found fishmeal paste good for the roach :wink: :wink: :wink:

regards
gordon :roll:

29 Mar 2007, 21:15
Profile YIM

hi vietjock

i'm a newcomer to the scottish carp group and read your message on the swims at loch libo with interest.

i've tried it a few times,but have only had one small perch for my efforts and could do with some advice as i'm also new to carping and i'm struggling to get off the mark and also with the weed on that particular water.

would love to get a result before this year is out,and get that confidence boost by recording a decent session at libo and renew my membership for next year.

please help a carpless novice!

chris

05 Nov 2007, 22:24

Location: Educating Esoxian on the virtues of passive verbal communication toward people with canoes..
Libo is a lovely water.....maybe see you guys up there sometime.. One of the best things about Libo is there is so much opportunity. I mean cover along the whole far side for stalking.. Loads of very high trees for scanning..with the polaroids on you can watch fish all day up there.(nearly broke my neck a few times :roll: ). One of the great things about Libo is watching your baited areas, pre-casting, to see the fish preferences and how they behave and what they eject etc...I never fish the railway side (well one winter done an overnighter with just the brolly and sleeping bag, was like 'ice station zebra' in the morning, mate brought up rolls and sausage at 7 in the morning to make sure I was still alive). Another great thing is the peace, can fish for days and have the whole loch to yourself :). Made an underwater camera contraption from a baby monitor years ago and got some fish filmed at the overhanging tree, sad I know...but inquisitive minds and all that.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

05 Nov 2007, 22:49

i might be there on sunday :wink: so it wont be that quiet as sat night is curry night :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

05 Nov 2007, 23:33
Profile YIM

Location: Educating Esoxian on the virtues of passive verbal communication toward people with canoes..
Is that a Fava bean curry and a chianti.......aromatic... :) the all in one thermal suit should be pretty potent....

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

05 Nov 2007, 23:40
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice to hear some positive info with regard to Libo :wink: :)
Now please could we have some photos to prove there are plenty of fish in there and good ones too 8)

Cheers
Saul

05 Nov 2007, 23:41
Profile WWW

Scotfins wrote:
Is that a Fava bean curry and a chianti.......aromatic... :) the all in one thermal suit should be pretty potent....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

06 Nov 2007, 00:29
Profile YIM

dont even know where it is but will be giving it a try , thanks for the info m8...tight lines. :wink:

07 Nov 2007, 10:36
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]