View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 May 2021, 04:29

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 new guests 

whent to libo for a few hours fishing today at the lillys and seen over 15 large goldfish could be koi carp as i would think they were about 5 to 6 inch long maybe from a locals pond :?: they looked happy buy being so bright dont think they will last long with the pike :shock:
cheers
gordon :wink:

30 Aug 2007, 18:07
Profile YIM

found out today why there is gold fish in libo as all the mad squad that fish the barrhead dams which are being draind have now moved on to other waters one of which is libo and as you can gess it blue murder up there i may be a member of the carp group but when there is 10+ pepole swinging axes at the trees pissing in the loch shoting lager cans in the water then feck that i wont risk my neck for any group :evil: so i think someting will have to be done or libo will turn to ned central

regards
gordon

ps the gold fish are used as livebait :!: :!: :|

01 Nov 2007, 12:20
Profile YIM

Jesus that sound's a bit grim Gordon :shock: :( , why can't they feck off and terroize golfer's, have to get Danny Fairbrass up here and see if he can develop a Korda anti stab vest and matching hard hat 8) till then mate take cover :!:

Cheer's Barrie

01 Nov 2007, 15:30
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Gordon

Sounds grim at Libo :x thanks for the info :shock: :roll:
Sounds like George Howie our Libo robo bailiff needs to get down there pronto :o :lol: :lol:
Maybe we can speak to the wildlife trust also to let them know it's not our members and maybe get the local Police involved as they should have an officer who deals with wildlife issues etc.

Cheers
Saul

01 Nov 2007, 19:20
Profile WWW

Location: Educating Esoxian on the virtues of passive verbal communication toward people with canoes..
Bad bad news!! :evil: . Libo is a beautiful water. Tragic if it is going to be a dumping ground for a load of bam pots and all the bottles and beer cans etc that are left behind. (usually leave with a bin bag full of crap left by others). In the past when ive been on it for a lot of sessions during a season, I've said to guys about the no fishing up there unless SCG, these were taken ok by the guys, but team handed its bravado and the likelihood is that youll get a lot of censored for your troubles :x. The down side to Libo is that you very rarely meet another SCG member whilst fishing there...usually I'm solitary fishing on the far bank toward the overhanging tree. So its hard to trek round to subtly ask about fishing rights if you see guys...Good thing is its quite a bit up the road from Barrhead, so prats that wish to try a bit of poaching have to do a bit of walking, ie if cannot get a car its an off-putter. Ive never been asked for a ticket up there, even though its always carried when I fish up there.......which I was surprised at.....(I know its difficult to bailiff waters regular)..Another positive side is that the bams could hardly catch cold, let alone a lovely Libo carp....thankfully and touching wood!!

Hopefully the colder months coming will put them off and the dams will get sorted..........Mark

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

01 Nov 2007, 20:20

Ive been fishin Libo most weekends over the summer and 4 times recently not seen anyone other than libo regs tho stil dikheads leavin rubbish :( mite do a sesh this weekend!

03 Jan 2008, 22:09

Location: Educating Esoxian on the virtues of passive verbal communication toward people with canoes..
howwoodcarper wrote:
Ive been fishin Libo most weekends over the summer and 4 times recently not seen anyone other than libo regs tho stil dikheads leavin rubbish :( mite do a sesh this weekend!

Tight lines howwoodcarper. Intend to do a couple of sessions there too this year :D maybe just day sessions, and a bit of stalking :D

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

03 Jan 2008, 23:55

i meet a guy once at barrhead dams cupl a year back he was up fishing for pike he came up to me and askd what i was fishing for i told him pike and he then pulled out a bucket full of goldfish using them as live bait so in my mined the guy has been up at libbo fishing for the pike he says he worked for a company that suplies gold fish to the pet shops.he should not have been fishing with them he let a cuple go in to the deapths but one of then stayd in the margins hold to be hold this pike came from no ware stailking it then bang the gold fish was gone in the mouth of the pike .....

11 Jun 2008, 20:27
Profile YIM

I was up a few weeks back and forgot my pass ( my bad ). Someone did come along to ask if I was a member / remind me of the rules.
Thing about the Libo is that it seems to me that it is only really worth fishing for Pike in the colder months as there is too much weed !!

03 Sep 2008, 12:34

Was down on Sunday for a few hours. No-one else there , nothing caught. Was fishing for Pike with a coupld of dead bait and had a lure going now and again.
Any pike left ? Anyone been down at the water ?

17 Nov 2008, 09:44
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]