View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 11:06

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Wheres Best to Pike Fish? 
Hello, was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on where would be good places to fish for Pike around West Lothian. Are there any Clubs etc. I live in Linlithgow and ive been hooked on Pike fishing since my brother in law took me for the first time around a month ago. Still need to get a few bits and bobs like a good rod and a reel. Suppose we all have to start somewhere though. Any advice would be good.

Thanks again Rabsen

07 Dec 2011, 20:03

You used to be able to fish linlithgow loch through the winter for pike. I don't know if it's still allowed. The permit used to be available from a shop in Linlithgow itself!

You're not far from the forth and clyde canal and there's quite a few lochs within reach for pike. There used to be a tackle shop in falkirk that was quite useful for info!

07 Dec 2011, 20:16
You cant fish for pike at Linlithgow Loch anymore. Think that tackle shop your on about is closd now due to cut backs. If theres any more cut backs next they will be turning the light at the end of the tunnel off. haha
I dont drive either so the only time i can go fishing is when my brother in law takes me. Heres hopping that my sister dosnt split up wi him.lol

Rabsen

07 Dec 2011, 20:24

Winchburgh quarry (clayhole) but limited amount of swims and could walk or cycle

07 Dec 2011, 20:45
Yeh i know of that place in Winchburgh. Just a wee bit to far for me to walk and someone stole my bike during the summer. Was thinking about trying West Binny as someone that works in Halls with my Brother told him there are Pike in there. Think it was a Polish guy who told him though.

Rabsen

08 Dec 2011, 16:19

Think ur wasting ur time there mate, one of my mates fish it a lot and never heard of any pike being caught

08 Dec 2011, 18:14
might aswell give it a try. You never know.

08 Dec 2011, 20:32

u should give the canal a go been some decent 1s out over the years from your stretch

09 Dec 2011, 16:12
Well not long back from West Binny and anyone who says there are no Pike I seriously doubt. Hooked into something big although it got off before i managed to get a glimpse of the thing. Brother in law def wreckons it was a pike. What else would have taken a dead bait mackrel? Defo hooked something had it on for atleast 20 secs before it got free. Gutted so i was.

Rabsen

09 Dec 2011, 18:52

If youd bothered readin any of the posts for binny youd of found out what was in it ,so you,ve either foul hooked 1 of the carp :evil: or had 1 of the big broonies :lol:

10 Dec 2011, 09:42
Site Admin
Site Admin

He was poaching anyway so now banned from the forum!

10 Dec 2011, 13:11
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]