View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Nov 2017, 01:05

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Fintry - The End 

Folks,

As you are aware we announced last year that our agreement with Fintry was ending and the estate have been extremely lenient in allowing us to continue fishing. However all good things must come to an end and as a result all fishing will end at Fintry on Sunday 10th March 2013. There is absolutely NO Fishing after that point. The estate will be putting their own signs up and will be patrolling the loch daily to ensure no anglers are present and fishing illegally.

We have held a very good relationship with Culcreuch for many years and we all want to leave on good terms, so please respect the estates wishes. It's been a good 20 years or so and whilst its extremely sad that it is ending , there s been an awful lot of great fishing over the years . There is always the memories !!!!

We will provide a more in depth communication later in relation to the fish removal but wanted to make members aware of the end date.

01 Mar 2013, 08:59
Profile WWW

With the loss of Fintry, my carp fishing days maybe over , this was the best water we had, I must have missed the email that said we were losing this water last year. Never caught much at Fintry but that's not the point .My PB of 22lb came from here, It was the one water that you could really relax at and not have to worry about your gear , work or the wife etc, all those things went to the back of the mind as you sat and looked across the water waiting for that magic bite,( and I've waited lots..)What's the futre now..fishing Lanark, with one eye open at night,incase your stuff get nicked, it's like Krufts some days, no peace to be found here " caught anything yet" " no" a 100 time's a day. Lanark will now be mobbed anyway. West Binny is out of the question too , as my pal is too old to trek up and down the hill, and car security has been an issue there. Reduced to fishing English waters with the cost and milage all adding up...it is indeed a dark day :( ........

01 Mar 2013, 18:24

Kinghorns a good water if u like waiting mate

01 Mar 2013, 19:30
Profile WWW

Location: Educating Esoxian on the virtues of passive verbal communication toward people with canoes..
Andy there are probably hundreds of Carp waters in Scotland..... Most of the time you wont see another angler, let alone carp angler 8) ..... With fish to Fintry stamp and beyond... It was a good chapter in the SCG history..... Onwards and upwards... If you liked the remaining Fintry fish so much, you may be able to fish for them in the future on a new water. With new challenges 8) ... I'll always remember the times there ... including asking you to photograph 3 or 4 fish within an hour, with a plague of midges attacking us both.. Guys parachuting off the mountain and landing in trees above us whilst fishing, people falling out trees and breaking spines etc....... Hopefully the old guard are still in residence there and can see their days out safely on some other water.....

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

01 Mar 2013, 20:37

Location: currently involved in a distance learning Internet course attempting to teach Scotfins about Morals
Well said Mark. A very special water indeed and I echo your sentiment regarding the fish and other waters in Scotland.

01 Mar 2013, 22:21

Quote:
people falling out trees and breaking spines etc.......

Aye good times :lol:

I'm just looking forward to fishing for them when they go to there new home,Hopefully it's a nice place 8)

01 Mar 2013, 22:21

Yeah that was some of the best fishing I'd seen at Fintry , never seen anyone else catch 3 cracking fish in an evening before or since, just gutted its finished. Will just need to find somewhere else to enjoy my fishing like everyone else...

02 Mar 2013, 00:14

Theres plenty of nice fish I in libo

I

02 Mar 2013, 20:35
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]