View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Jul 2019, 11:14

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Close Season 

A couple of us had a walk around and a check of danskine. There was some icing at a couple of parts but it was thin and only small amounts. The paths weren't too bad! The car park's looking very good.

At some point during the fishing season, some clever article has carried a bag of rubbish all the way back to the carpark then chucked it into the undergrowth between the carpark and the small pond where it lay unnoticed until the plants died back. No doubt they thought the pot noodle tubs, mineral water bottle, foil meal sachets, worm box and plastic carrier bag holding them were all biodegrable. Given 5000 or so years we might have seen some rotting down! How lazy and/or stupid are you to carry them to the car park then chuck them! :roll: If you want to give the landowner an excuse to empty the group off Danskine then you're doing it! There's only so much they'll take till they bite back and the SCG will be the losers.

TAKE YOUR CRAP HOME AND BIN IT THERE!

Read the carp group rules if you have litter/find it you must remove it. If you want to lose a water for you and your fellow anglers carry on but don't expect any support from any other members if you're caught!!! :evil:

If you are found dumping rubbish or it is traced back to any member, they will be put off the water with a view to banning them completely!

30 Dec 2011, 16:07

Well said Keith

30 Dec 2011, 16:23
Site Admin
Site Admin

Second that , well said Keith :wink:

It is worth reminding the folk who think it's ok to chuck their rubbish in the bushes etc that YOU ARE NOT WANTED :evil:

30 Dec 2011, 17:34
Profile WWW

Kill nothing but time ,take nothing but pictures AND LEAVE NOTHING BUT FOOTPRINTS!!!

30 Dec 2011, 20:33

BigRodgers wrote:
Kill nothing but time ,take nothing but pictures AND LEAVE NOTHING BUT FOOTPRINTS!!!

:wink: :D :D

30 Dec 2011, 21:09

stupid or wat :x

31 Dec 2011, 10:47

Just lazy and are goin to ruin it for everyone take your crap home it's every ones duty to take there own rubbish home

02 Jan 2012, 09:07

Take it home you lazy fannys don't ruin it for everyone else

02 Jan 2012, 09:25
Profile WWW

there are plenty of road side rubbish bins if you dont want to have rubbish bags in your call all the way home ya manky censored

02 Jan 2012, 19:16
Profile WWW

i just dont get people. if you bring the stuff with you full. its easyer to take home empty. mistakes can be made. stuffing rubbish in bushes is not a mistake its lazy.

03 Jan 2012, 23:54

I was up a Munro on boxing day...a 4 hour walk to the top...to find a carrier bag full of empty beer cans! WTF!!!

The more popular hills suffer from rubbish just as much as some of the lochs in Scotland.

I can't understand it myself :(

Back to Danskine...could it be someone poaching the water?

05 Jan 2012, 12:47

I don't think so Rob, couple of us have been up at various times and days. It helps I work wierd shifts and can go up at equally strange times. I'm no crocodile dundee but I couldn't find any trace of "guesting" but it was possible to tell the time the stuff had been there (without going into detail). My father in law passes there at least weekly as well and he knows to look in the car park/ around gate area and let me know if he sees anything!

I think this is one specific but unknown angler at this time but we are narrowing it down, and when we get him....! :wink:

05 Jan 2012, 15:19

rubbish the usuall :evil: :evil: :evil:
me and the mate have took 4 black bin bags a time of binny in the past, why cant peopl just take their crap home with them, we're all gonna end up fishing the canal if this keeps up. i dont fish danskin that often but it's like a breath of fresh air when down these w@?><rs should be hung :twisted:

05 Jan 2012, 18:46
Profile WWW

Re: otters. Never seen any signs of otter activity last season.....
Re: poaching. Didn't encounter any non members either but did find a lot of dead perch around certain swims last season ,discarded cigarette packets ,cig ends ,sweetcorn tins and live maggots still in plastic container!!! Blanking is bad enough without having to clear up other peoples censored! :twisted:

05 Jan 2012, 23:01

probaly same guy that left the bucket (toilet) before :twisted: :twisted:
things can get left behind. trust me i have left behind 2 fox baiting needles this year. not exactly rubbish as someone would have gained from it. bet it they were tied up chrisp bags they would still have been there when i went back to look for them :|

05 Jan 2012, 23:39
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next