View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 20:45

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 First Trip to Lanark loch need info 

Hi there am new to the group just paid my membership and looking forward to fishing Lanark loch.
I would be grateful if anyone has some good tips of bait and where is the good swims.
Is there a map at all of the loch and of swims that I could look at.
Anyway thanks for your time.

Cameron.

19 Apr 2015, 13:42

Location: currently involved in a distance learning Internet course attempting to teach Scotfins about Morals
Hi Cameron,
Welcome to the SCG. Lanark is a very good water with a great opportunity to catch a few carp. There is a car park at the hotel where you can park. Best approach is to walk around the water looking for fish and other anglers. Most lads are sound and will happily help. Our bailiffs are very good and should point you in the right direction. The loch is fishable from most areas. The popular swims are The Triangle beside the play park, Wishing Well Bay (large grassy are left hand side looking from car park about 200yards down the bank), Back Wall- as far as you can go, and Tench corner- halfway round walking right from the car park.

Most use boiled baits, pellet or corn. No hard and fast rules as these fish have seen and eaten everything. Keep it simple, ask others politely and enjoy yourself and you should be fine.

Hope this helps?

Ian 8)

19 Apr 2015, 17:04

Thanks for all the help mate hope to get up soon and try it. Looking to use the new Nash key so let's see if they like them.
Any maps of the loch at all of pegs just curious

19 Apr 2015, 18:31

Location: currently involved in a distance learning Internet course attempting to teach Scotfins about Morals
Hi, think that there were maps at one time. If you trawl through the Posts for Lanark there will be some information. Not seen a map for a while but if one appears I will post it here.

Thanks

Ian 8)

19 Apr 2015, 19:06
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]