View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 08:37

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Went to Lanark today 

So early start got there just before 7am casted out dead on 7am, Rods were already setup, First i tried one on bottom with a popup and 14mm boilie basic rig, other rod was setup on zig rig with a 3 foot rise. No bites or fish. Changed both to bottom with same popup and boilie combo. No fish or bites, Set both up on zig rig left a few hrs no bites or fish. Then settled on setting them back on bottom with a bigger popup to lift it off the floor about 8 inches. No fish no bites,

Can anyone give us a bloody clue hahaha. Great loch but was very dissapointed in previous fishermen left a censored load of crap on the bank, Now i aint a member of the SCG yet but i HATE seeing people leave crap on the bank, Dont give anyone anything to moan about TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME OR BIN IT............ I paid for a day ticket and i dont think its members of the SCG either its idiots that dont buy a ticket or membership and get away with it, I have also had no bailiff come round to check tickets and i have been there all day from 7am to 9pm like it states on the ticket do you not patrol it that often?

Anyway enough said on that haha, Hope to see a few more people on Lanark get a few tips and ticks from you guys :D :D (IF you share) met a member from the SCG the other day and again today but forgot yet again to ask your name pal so if your on here and see this whats your name bud? HAHA

Tight lines guys.

31 Jul 2014, 23:02
Profile WWW

Carp fishing is not instant.

I cannot say enough, you have to find the fish, or work out where they might be long before you fish for them. I used to drive the 3.5 hours to Lanark and spend anything upto 4-5 hours watching and looking for signs of fish before I unpacked the car. It might mean I only had a few hours fishing in the right spot, but better that than a weeks fishing in the wrong spot.

Find feeding fish and you will catch them.......

To give you an idea, I now fish a water in Suffolk (when on holiday seeing my parents) well known for being difficult. I have fished it 4 times and had 21 fish. I take a single rod and a bucket with bits and bobs in. I stalk the fish, normally freelining and holding the line in my fingers. I fish a few hours in the morning and sometime a few in the evening. There are folk on that water in "the going swims" who ahve not caught that many in a season :)

01 Aug 2014, 12:43

Deffo not instant been fishing for carp for over 17 years and have fished alot of hard waters and rivers.

01 Aug 2014, 15:37
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]