View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 10:36

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Lanark loch session 

Well had my first session at Lanark today and if it wasn't for the 4lb tench I had at the very end it would have been a crash and burn, but good to try somewhere new, I had seen a couple carp rolling behind the island in the bay and since the wind was blowing in that direction I decided to give it a bash, but unluckily I'd landed zero carp. Was kind of shocked at the amount of litter laying about, has it always been like that.? Was also wandering if any of the other venues were a bit more remote and out the way of the general public....?????

05 Apr 2014, 19:11

Location: currently involved in a distance learning Internet course attempting to teach Scotfins about Morals
Hi Rich. Scottish carp fishing isn't easy especially at this time of year. Lanark is ideal for grabbing a few bites so don't be disheartened. At least you saw fish which is a sign they are waking up. Litter is always a problem at Lanark because of th amount of visitors who walk the loch, despite the presence of litter bins. There is a work party and clean up scheduled for May on Lanark. See announcements for details. Come along and lend a hand and meet some of the regulars. This is probably the best way to access information about the loch and it's carp.

Hope this helps?

Ian 8)

08 Apr 2014, 21:37
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]