View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 09:24

Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Lanark Catch Reports 2010 

Cracking looking fish Scotty WELL done

27 Sep 2010, 17:21

well done mate

No chris the weight loss is not normal at this time of year as this should be when the weights are going up for the winter period.

adi

27 Sep 2010, 19:10

Cracking fish mate well done :wink: Could you hold it a bit higher next time so we can just see the fish!!! :lol: :lol:

27 Sep 2010, 19:11

anothe forum users quote
Yet ANOTHER 20common although it does look like the one the polish lad had recently it is still a great sign and proves my theory a few pages back that the average stamp of Lanark has drematically improved in recent years. Something a certain poster argued wasnt the case :roll:
Looks like Im winning that debate :roll:

looks like your not haworth had this fish over 2 years ago at 20lb mate and ben had it last year at the same weight been a 20 for a while now so not a new twenty. The avarage stamp is going up on fish between the 8lb and 16lb bracket but the bigger fish and by this i mean 20lb and over seem to have peaked, no sign of the 27lb dinks that gerry caught last year so far this year

27 Sep 2010, 19:30

well done scotty

27 Sep 2010, 19:44

Nice one Scotty 8)

27 Sep 2010, 21:26

thanks guys. strange the carp has dropped weight but the sores are healing perhaps it was more interested in healing than feeding. i gave it another treatment of clinik so hopefully cleared up soon.
does anyone know the biggest out lanark lanark this year? not heard of anything over over 22lb odd.

27 Sep 2010, 22:04

scotty carp enter wrote:
thanks guys. strange the carp has dropped weight but the sores are healing perhaps it was more interested in healing than feeding. i gave it another treatment of clinik so hopefully cleared up soon.
does anyone know the biggest out lanark lanark this year? not heard of anything over over 22lb odd.

Scotty, you may have something there..a carp will divert growth to healing if it needs too.

28 Sep 2010, 08:28

adib wrote:
anothe forum users quote
Yet ANOTHER 20common although it does look like the one the polish lad had recently it is still a great sign and proves my theory a few pages back that the average stamp of Lanark has drematically improved in recent years. Something a certain poster argued wasnt the case :roll:
Looks like Im winning that debate :roll:

looks like your not haworth had this fish over 2 years ago at 20lb mate and ben had it last year at the same weight been a 20 for a while now so not a new twenty. The avarage stamp is going up on fish between the 8lb and 16lb bracket but the bigger fish and by this i mean 20lb and over seem to have peaked, no sign of the 27lb dinks that gerry caught last year so far this year

Can I ask how long you've acutally been fishing up here?

Not trying to be wide but Im sure if you'd been on Lanark since the 90's or even mid 2000's you'd agree that the average weight/stamp of fish HAS gone up.

When I first started on Lanark (97/98) you'd be lucky if the big old 20 would come out 2-3 times a year. There was also a scrapper 20 common that would come out now and again but that was pretty much your lot. This pattern pretty much repeated itself for a good number of years.

Now in the last 2-3 years or so, and this is only my opinion by the way, the amount of fish coming out between 15-19lb on a regular basis has increased ten fold. Also the amount of 20's has increased ten fold although I appreciate there are a number of repeat captures this is alaways going to be expected.

My guess would be at any one point in the year there will be around 10-15 different 20's in Lanark now with a decent amount of fish able to nudge that mark aswell.

28 Sep 2010, 11:48

THAT FISH THAT MARCHEN GOT AINT THE SME FISH THE IAN GOT THE ONE CALUM HAD IS THE FISH THAT IAN HAD IV BEEN THARE WHEN ITS BEEN OUT ON THAY TWO TIMES

28 Sep 2010, 12:44
Profile YIM

fished up here on lanark mostly for the last 5 years whatever thats got to do with things as i do my research on the internet regarding venues and have spoken to many anglers on there and no its not like you to make a smart wide comment, like the primary 2 comment about winning a debate

Now the comments made by most are that the fish that have reached the over 20lb mark have now peaked or looked to have peaked and if you read my post i agree the average weight of fish between 8lb and 16lb seems to be going up.Obviously more and more fish will reach the 20lb mark, anyone with the least bit intelligence would know that, but once they get there they seem to plateau and this has always been my point.
now most people last year were saying that Lanark will do a 30 with the amount of anglers and bait that goes in but at the rate the over 20lb fish are putting weight on that will take some time in my opinion.

cheech can you re do your post mate in english this time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

28 Sep 2010, 16:20

adib wrote:
fished up here on lanark mostly for the last 5 years whatever thats got to do with things as i do my research on the internet regarding venues and have spoken to many anglers on there and no its not like you to make a smart wide comment, like the primary 2 comment about winning a debate

Now the comments made by most are that the fish that have reached the over 20lb mark have now peaked or looked to have peaked and if you read my post i agree the average weight of fish between 8lb and 16lb seems to be going up.Obviously more and more fish will reach the 20lb mark, anyone with the least bit intelligence would know that, but once they get there they seem to plateau and this has always been my point.
now most people last year were saying that Lanark will do a 30 with the amount of anglers and bait that goes in but at the rate the over 20lb fish are putting weight on that will take some time in my opinion.

cheech can you re do your post mate in english this time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im not getting in to another argument with you mate. If you read through all my posts at no point was I claiming Lanark to be a 20's water just that the average size of fish over the past 2-3 seasons has significantly increased. Which it has. Fact. You can call me a primary 2 kid on here but you weren't saying that to my face last tuesday when you were packing up on triangle and I very politely congratulated you on catching the ghostie so lets just leave it at that shall we.

We clearly have different views on the average stamp of fish in Lanark. I am confident a lot of anglers on here who have fished lanark over the past 15-20 years will agree with me in saying that for example if you caught 20-25 fish in a season on Lanark in the late90's early 2000's there would only be a slight chance of a 20.

Fast forward to now and if this season I managed to land 20-25 I would be extremely surprised if 3,4 maybe even 5 of these weren't 20's. With a good majority of fish upper doubles.

I still believe Lanark will produce a 30 sooner rather than later. If this doesn't happen then hey..i'll hold my hand up and admit I was wrong.

Peace.

28 Sep 2010, 17:36

you to finished on scottys moment of glory congrats on your lanark pb mate :wink:

28 Sep 2010, 19:20

I had that common at 21lb 8oz over 2 years ago now

28 Sep 2010, 21:35

thanks for backing my statement up haworth as i knew it was the fish you had as i do believe it was yourself and tom hutton that named the fish 'dark destoyor' which i think is quite apt for that fish ben also had the same fish last year at that weight.

whatever boydy i cant be arsed with ya no more and thats why i let you walk past me until you turned back and asked so next time do us a favour and just keep walking

Again well done scotty the PB keeps going up

28 Sep 2010, 22:55
Reply to topic   [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next