View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Oct 2019, 02:12

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 THE BRICKIE 

Was down fishing the Brickie today had some1 take a pic of my registration if some1 has something to say about me fishing here say it to my face or drop me a pm an al give u my number. can see the point if i was an EASTERN EUROPEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but am not an i was down fishing with my son who also has a keen interest in carping (no where better for him to learn about blanking lol) we use safe rigs an tidy up our mess unlike some folk that fish it and th last time i checked its a free water to fish so as i said before drop me a pm an al give u my number if u have a problem

29 Mar 2014, 20:50

I'm not a brickie angler, nor do I stay on the fife side but I thought what you posted sounded a bit strange to say the least mate! I would have said it was nobody's business especially as the brickie isn't a "controlled" water ( no insult I just cant think how else to describe it!) and it is only the dedication of the guys who regularly fish it and the basic respect for the fish and fishing that keep it going! It might be worth everybody keeping their eyes open and challenging anybody doing this in the future and the reason why!

29 Mar 2014, 21:03

Sounds like Peter. Was the guy half pissed by any chance and carrying a rucksack? Just ignore him, he just thinks he's looking after the place.

Del.

30 Mar 2014, 16:26

Aye prob was him. But aint good when im down fishing wi the wee lad getting him out the house. Dont wanna start causing hassle on the bank as thats not what fishings about all the bitchings exactly why I gave up racing stock cars an there aint stewards on the bank if things get out of hand. As I mentioned in my original post not like I dont know how to fish safe or look after the fish out of the water.. hopefully next time things will be better on the bank

30 Mar 2014, 17:51

hi bob, nice to know you have met peter, he is harmless and has good intentions. I know what you mean about hassle on the bank. the serious anglers at the brickie are good lads and helpful with advice etc. hope to meet you soon, nibs.

31 Mar 2014, 11:23

hi defo sounds like peter hes ok and does keep an eye on the place was down 3 times in last week and seen him twice,he prob shouldn't have took your car reg but one day he might have the evidence we need to help keep these eastern Europeans away from carp waters.tight lines mate....chalky. :D

30 Apr 2014, 07:00

Hi guys, new to carp fishing and have been down to the Brickie a couple of times. Was fishing in the corner near the motorway on the old conservatory side. Next time thinking of trying in the corner up by U Pull It car breakers. Has anyone fished in this bit and do they know what the bottom is like. I`m assuming their will be some weed. But just want to know if their is any scrap/rubbish in that area. Don`t want to be casting out and getting snagged up. Also what has been the best bait that folk find to use.
Any info much appreciated

Cheers
Kevin

11 Sep 2015, 22:35

Hi I got told about this place last year when I was workin just outside Inverkeithing is it still fish able and what can I look to catch if I fished it

28 Apr 2016, 21:17

Anyone care to explain why swims have been padlocked off on here? I fish here on and off and did enjoy the odd night on the scrappie bank, now it seems people think they own the place. I suggest the padlock is removed otherwise people may remove the fence.

28 May 2016, 09:55

Never mind last post sorted.

28 May 2016, 13:40

Alright lads, I live over in Inverkeithing and was down at the Brickie today for a look around. I haven't been down for years and sorry to see it in the state it's in now. I used to be the electrician that looked after the pump house and electrics for the paper mill when it was going. That was one of the sources for water to the mill dams further down.

Looks well overgrown at the moment and could be a great place again with a bit of work. Anyone fancy clearing some pegs and tidying up one weekend?

What's the fishing like lads, I take it theres plenty Perch and a few other stuff still in the water?

Does no one bother taking their rubbish away with them? It was shocking seeing all the bags hanging on the fence full of crap. It's just poor. Take it away and put it in a bin. Even if it's not yours. It's not difficult. Bridgefprth will just shut the gates for good eventually.

Hutch.

02 Sep 2016, 17:31
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]