View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 13:29

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Selmmuir trout fishery switching over to carp fishery. 

The guy that runs Livingston Angling is switching the trout fishery he owns to a carp fishery.Selmmuir fishery will now be known as Selmwood coarse fishery.It may take a bit of time to get going(or a lot of cash to stock it) but I just thought I would point out that they are asking people to register with them for membership.They plan to have it open for carp angling in March next year .I think it could be worthwhile taking membership if they accept you cos it could go the way Eliburn has with being nearly impossible to get membership.Just a wee thought I had earlier today and thought I would share on here.

29 Sep 2014, 00:11

https://www.facebook.com/SelmmuirFishery

Some photos of stock etc, although I am a bit confused as it clearly says "Members only Carp and Coarse fishery for bait nad fly fishing".

Also mentions that trout are still being stocked.

29 Sep 2014, 07:39

:roll: :roll: :roll:

good luck to them

29 Sep 2014, 15:40

Scotlands premier coarse water :shock: :shock: better get the form filled in soon :lol: :lol:

good luck to them the more coarse venues the better up here. unless they really open the water up ie make it larger some how I can see it being a circus. unless they make it a match type venue. only time will tell as they are not saying much on there web site and as I don't fancy it wont be calling the fishery or shop to find out

30 Sep 2014, 23:40

It is going to be a mixed fishery with bait and fly fishing for trout and a coarse fishery also! They are inviting all "levels" of anglers to apply but some of the people posting think they're going to be fly fishing for 20lb carp! Hmm! I've fished there for trout & know it well! I cant help but think they're struggling and looking for a big wad of cash up front! Tbh, I cant see there being many, if any, good sized carp and I cant see many fly fishermen treading the banks! I haven't seen a membership fee mentioned either! Good luck but I wont be applying'

01 Oct 2014, 16:12

Speaking as someone who endured a "mixed" fishery, i can assure them that it will not work.

There will be plenty of conflict between fly and coarse anglers and the coarse guys will get fed up hooking trout.

I can bet my last pound that a fair few carp will get bonked on the head and taken up to the office with the question, "what's this ans can I eat it".

02 Oct 2014, 10:13
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]