View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 13:59

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Monklands canal 

I like your thinking eddy! my brother was down cycling this morning and he seen a British wasterways cleaning up, they were out on the water with a boat picking all the crap from the water so they are doing something about it. I don't know what else to do about getting it restocked, no one seems to take responsibility for it regarding that issue, i will have to keep digging! i might email the police as well try to get them involved, maybe walk the beat down there at night, to try and deter the local rats from frequenting it with they're tonic!

20 Mar 2010, 23:46

unless you have alarge alsation/american pit bull/akida or something similar i wpould be very careful going down, some of the locals there can be very feral,especially with a gut load of buckie,and you can bet you carp tackle they will be tooled up,it comes with the territory,buckie,berburry,trainers,and loads of fake gold,anat, while i would like to see things a lot better its not worth it if the scum pull a blade on you,i`ve had it done to me on the canal at lock 39 when i challenge three eastern europeans,who had a polly bag of fish,called the cops but when they did arrive the three had legged it,their answer was there was nothing they could do,although i could indicate the flats that they had gone into,taking fish from the canal does not come under their jurisdiction,i asked them if threating some one with a knife surely must come under domain,they replied i was only my word of that.i fired off a right stinker of a letter to the chief constable of glasgow,and received an answer back from him apologising for his staff,and he would look into it,but in the meantime if anything similar happens not to do anything just call them out,i won`t hold my breath for any action on both counts,take care mate
eddyr :x

21 Mar 2010, 18:38

hey gang. was down the canal today and saw to carp chasing eachother. they must be starting spawning! i took a few photos that will be sent off to phill martin of more crap that is in the canal. I have to commend them on what they have done so far, all the crap in the photos i posted after the clean up has all gone now. most of it anyway.they have been down every week now on clean up missions. so some progress is getting made on that front. i am at an end regarding the stocking of it. i contacted the sfca. they don't have any responsibility for it, BW told me to contact them so no one know who owns it. i will post some pics up tomorrow time for some sleep!

11 Apr 2010, 23:42

Alright people just new to the forum.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what condition the canal Is in now and is it worth fishing? And if so what sizes are the fish now any info yous can give me will be ideal as I'm planning a trip to the blairhill section at the weekend

27 Apr 2016, 13:18
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5