View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 01:00

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New to Scotland but old carper 

Hi names Jay,

Ive been carping since i was knee high to a grasshopper, moved to Scotland 3 years ago started carping here this year. Joining SCG on the winter ticket starting 31st August, Any tips for lanark Loch would be great, I will be doing a few day sessions there over the next month see what the situation is, I noticed the weed really is over grown so zig rig or very long length popup would be ideal i guess. Anyone know any nice little sweet spots?

Cheers see you on the bank maybe,

29 Jul 2014, 19:40
Profile WWW

Welcome m8 :wink:

30 Jul 2014, 10:03

Welcome mate!

Pretend you're asleep when lanark's busy that way you dont get asked 200 times "had anything?" Or "are they fish in there?" :lol: :lol:

30 Jul 2014, 10:25

keith958328 wrote:
Welcome mate!

Pretend you're asleep when lanark's busy that way you dont get asked 200 times "had anything?" Or "are they fish in there?" :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D i did get a few people over to me but it wasnt that busy tbh Keith, I did however get some posh lass asking about the fish she was over 50 yr old thought that was strange also a polish guy came over asked what i was fishing for and if there was carp in there i said no ;) i dont want the carp to suddenly disappear so i thought it best to keep prey at bay.

Thanks for the welcome to chrisp.

30 Jul 2014, 11:18
Profile WWW

I fished it a month or so ago on a beautiful sunday at the back wall & had the life bugged out of me! I'm a danskine regular & often have the place to myself! It was just a bit of a shock the number who approached me but I'm sure you'll enjoy it mate! If I'm there, feel free to come across & say hello, just mention the forum before I get the bat out ! :lol:

30 Jul 2014, 18:27

It would be great to have it to ourselves saves having them let their dogs in for a bath :D, ill be down lanark tomorrow for a day session again new rigs made this evening new popups and a new batch of home mades to try lets hope water has cooled a little as it was really warm two days ago.

Ill shout into the bivvy Keith from the forum come out without the bat :D :D :D,

I am yet to try Danskine but im sure when i buy the full membership for the winter i will have a trip up and see whats roaming about :).

In the meantime good luck and lets see if we can post a nice fish or two this year :).

30 Jul 2014, 21:34
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]