View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 12:49

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 pike venues 

thanks to those who replied to my query about lochgelly. Instead of starting WW3 with all these foreign fishmongers can anyone suggest a good pike venue near Edinburgh ? I know abut the canal and St Mary's loch/loch o' the lowes from my brother but I'm fairly new at pike fishing and I like to try different places. Thanks in advance for any advice sent. :D

23 Nov 2007, 13:35
Site Admin
Site Admin

Edgelaw Res, Midlothian, run as a course fishery by the Bailiff's Syndicate
Roseberry Res, Midlothian, just along the road from Edgelaw, used to be able to fish for pike there on a day ticket but not sure now.

Cheers
Saul

http://www.adbscotland.org/

23 Nov 2007, 15:08
Profile WWW

think cobbinshaw allowed piking over the winter. Worth an enquiry.

27 Nov 2007, 23:47

with regard to Edgelaw, it can still be fished on a day ticket as long as its purchased in advance. You can get them from the cottage near the dam end and also I beleive the tackle shop in galashiels and I think county life in edinburgh. There are rumours of some 30's coming off it last year but I'm not convinced. my mate had a 19 off it renetly and the members were getting excited about it.

I blankled but I have had fish off it in the past. Its goes to about 70 feet at the dam end.

18 Dec 2007, 08:41
Profile WWW

Thanks to all who bothered to reply. For anybody interested Edgelaw reservoir is £5/day for pike, perch and roach. Tickets from country life, balgreen road or loch keeper's house at roseberry reservoir. Roseberry does pike fishing during trout season but only in specific areas and with big lures or sea dead baits.Apparently there are pike in lanark loch and since scg members get free access here....., HMMM!
As always check before you leave home you know how quickly these things change and i would imagine some of the lanark regulars could confirm/deny pike in there.
Tight lines and happy new year(fishing season) to all, Keith

31 Dec 2007, 15:25

been told cobbinshaw isnt too great. had some good pike out of the clayhole in winchburgh over last couple of months .

01 Jan 2008, 12:58

my mate had a 27 pounder out of cobbinshaw iv had them up to 26 regulary

22 May 2008, 02:55
Profile YIM

lochore meadows country park [the meedies] have monster pike , the trouble is the handpumps who run the place[fife council] charge trout prices ,considering they DONT stock the water with ANY course fish, the charge for pike fishing should be free. there have been a lot of 30's come out of the meedies over the years ,a local guy fishies for them all the time [and carrys a photo book of all the monsters hes caught] , fife councils excuse is that they say you can be fishing for the trout [WITH BIG DEAD BAITS I DONT THINK SO] as usuall with fife council it comes down to greed. a lot of pike anglers are calling there bluff and fishing for the pike without a permit, and i see there point ,because of what i said THEY DONT STOCK THE PLACE WITH COURSE FISH SO SHOULDENT BE PAYING TO FISH FOR THEM . so good luck to the pike anglers. :shock: :evil: :(

22 May 2008, 08:05

belive it or not i used to fish a small trout water for pike stocked weekly with rainbows i just chainged one of my baits and chuckld my joey in the water five min later the guy next to me had a trout i unhooked it for him co he was a numpty but in the mouth of the trout was the tail of the joey i had chuckld in was hanging out of the trouts mouth trout thay eat minnows and other fry so to say that trout dont pick up dead baits well think again cos iv seen with my own eyes

22 May 2008, 14:18
Profile YIM

I've had several Brownies on deadbaits, and around 6 Rainbows...and a 9 pound Brownie on a livebait!!!

Its pretty common in these ere parts ;)

22 May 2008, 16:12

IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE TYPE OF FISHING YOU DO.. LIKE I DO YOULL PAY ANY AMOUNT TO FISH I ONCE OFFERD RUFFRIGGS NEAR NEWHOUSE 30 QUID TWO BIVVY UP FOR TWO DAYS NNIGHT AND THAY WERENT FOR IT BUT I OFFERD IF THE FISHINGS GOOD AND THE SUROUNDINGS IL PAY TO FISH WHATEVER THE SPIECES YES COURSE FISHING WAS FREE BUT U HAVE TO PAY FOR FISHING NOW BUT THARE PLACES OUT THARE THAT YU CAN FISH FOR FREE

22 May 2008, 19:34
Profile YIM

So you'll find the SCG ticket at £40 for a year excellent value for money?

22 May 2008, 20:31

yeah you'll also find that "free" waters are generally contaminated with assholes leaving litter and line all over the place. Then fish without traces , alarms or any other bite indication.

22 May 2008, 20:33

thats true . i had to clean up swans pond the other night plastic bags beer cans all over the north side i bet the south side was worse. :evil:

22 May 2008, 20:35

:?

Last edited by scot68 on 31 May 2008, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

22 May 2008, 22:42
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next