View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 14:22

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 River cart pike 

Alright guys. Anyone ever fished the river cart for pike? there is a few good spots for them and was wondering if any1 on here has had the pleasure of hooking 1.

30 Mar 2012, 20:11

dbpike wrote:
Alright guys. Anyone ever fished the river cart for pike? there is a few good spots for them and was wondering if any1 on here has had the pleasure of hooking 1.

what cart black or white no pike in white cart but there is a few in the black cart down at linwood but you will need a permit to fish for them £30 a season

30 Mar 2012, 22:33

Yes sorry im talking about the white cart, some cracking pike in it. Not sure if any deals with the coarse fishing side of things on the river. Would love to find out if it was permit is required.

31 Mar 2012, 10:18

[quote="dbpike"]Yes sorry im talking about the white cart, some cracking pike in it. Not sure if any deals with the coarse fishing side of things on the river. Would love to find out if it was permit is required abercorn angling club have the fishing rights up to crookstone bridge dont know about the club above there

31 Mar 2012, 12:32

Any1 who fishes the White River cart and is intrested in the pike drop me a pm. will be able to help them out with the areas they inhabit!! I've been concerned as of late because a few foreigners are fishing for trout and im worried they may spot the pike :x more pike anglers on the water mean more eyes to keep them in check :mrgreen:

P.S- biggest i've hooked was 19lbs.

18 May 2012, 20:49

I've fished the deep stretch above the weir at pollok house. Lots of Roach and a few Pike. i had a 5lb Jack below the weir in the fast water when I was fly fishing for sea trout (4lb sea troutas well :D ). All the pools dowstream from the car park to Paisley basically have populations of Pike. Some cracking fish have been caught in these small pools. Two rods and keep mobile giving it 45 mins in each pool, if they are there you'll have em.

17 Jul 2012, 21:41
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]