View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 23:18

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 pike waters fife free and permit 

hi peeps new to the forum gonna be going for pike this season as well as trout i fish the glow and the meedies for trout just wondering if there is any decent waters about near cowdenbeath for pike i caught a decent size pike at lochgelly loch i know there is good size pike in the meedies but was wanting to be looking at some free waters if money is tight

thanks in advance :D

15 Jan 2011, 22:32
Nothings free nowadays lol
Hope u got the right unhookin gear and an unhookin matt bud 8)

Try Swans Pond

15 Jan 2011, 22:42

indeed i have just bought 9" forceps from ebay havent got an unhooking mat yet but will be getting one swans pond eh am sure i fished it befor was in a right state if i remember right might take a walk up with the dog tomorrow and have a wee look

looking at getting a 12foot carp rod with somthing like a 3 pound test curve

thanks for the info

have you fished swans pond youself recently

16 Jan 2011, 00:27

I think lochgelly's still free but I believe the fishmonger's have been in and emptied it! :evil: :evil:

16 Jan 2011, 12:28

i caught a pike there about 3 years ago first time there on a dead bait but the fishing was a knightmare due to all the weed was a cracking pike though exellent condition

do you know if they allow pike fishing on the scg waters was thinking of joining bloody good value for money

always liked the meedies but its gonna be pricey every week i know there is pike in the glow but dont know how to go about fishing for them in the glow thats 8 quid a permit i think that was the last place i fished

16 Jan 2011, 13:33

went to swans pond with the dog today badly flooded not suprising with all the snow we have had there is bucky bottles and used fire works even spoted a liter can of motor oil empty in the water what a bloody shame look a nice wee water here is some pics

16 Jan 2011, 16:19

I know there's been some piking done on lanark. There was a write up of when the carp record was broken on lanark on one of the websites, might have been SFCA site, the author mentione a scottish international goalkeeper pike fishing at the same time. Can't tell you who, football's not really my game. :lol:

16 Jan 2011, 16:54
first rule of Piking, dont mention decent waters online 2nd rule, go out with an experienced Piker and learn the dos n donts.

Always have good bite detection ie bite alarm front and dropoff rear, mono must be 15lbs breaking strain or above, or braid if preferred, good bite indication prevents deep hooked Pike.Wire trace is a must and a wire uptrace when float fishing.
decent long forceps, side cutters and unhooking matt is a must.
These are your basic requirements before you even go Piking.

Visit PAC GB Website all you need to know is on it.

16 Jan 2011, 18:45

i have just bought 9" forceps 7 wire traces diawa vulcan carp rod other people have mentioned a few good pike waters so am afraid some folk do talk about the waters on line still to purchase unhooking matt and but hey ho thanks for the info all check the site out you sudggested

16 Jan 2011, 21:21

http://www.esoxecosse.com the website for the pike anglers alliance for scotland has info. :wink:

16 Jan 2011, 22:04

cheers keith will have look

16 Jan 2011, 22:55

that swans pond looks good. is there any carp in it? pm me if anyone knows

16 Jan 2011, 23:00

collgt4 wrote:
indeed i have just bought 9" forceps from ebay havent got an unhooking mat yet but will be getting
swans pond eh am sure i fished it befor was in a right state if i remember right might take a walk up with the dog tomorrow and have a wee look

looking at getting a 12foot carp rod with somthing like a 3 pound test curve

thanks for the info

have you fished swans pond youself recently

get some long handled side cutters 12" and 12" to 16" forceps if you don't have any experience
with pike then please take a few trips with some one who has before you go yourself
pike are a very fragile fish and need to be handled carefully
cheers Pete.

16 Jan 2011, 23:16
Profile WWW

thanks for the info pete all my fishing buds are trout fishermen ave caught a fair few pike nothing big though so am fairly confident about unhooking and sutch think the biggest pike was about 5 pounds fishing loch errochty years ago ave been trout fishing for more years than i care to remember

17 Jan 2011, 00:42
Peters right in what he says and fairly confident aint very confident, if your traces aint barbless or semi barned crush the barbs down asit it saves ripping a trace out, and NEVER leave a trace in a fish.

17 Jan 2011, 02:52
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next