View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 17:24

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 BARBEL 

indeed i use pinkes and maggots. for the roach and dace and hemp, thares bream at richmond park and very big pike to 33lb have been took from this strech and further up at cambuslang thares barbal and chub lots of wiers and pools the course fish are thare just need more anglers to fish the clyde more ppl that do then the more we will no whats realy in thare .....

16 Oct 2008, 21:23
Profile YIM

God its good to hear reports of fish in some of the areas I used to know..Fished the stretch Behind the Celtic Supporters club yrs ago for eels and perch...Lived in the Parkhead area...also fished the bit at Dalmarnock Bridge cos I'd heard there were carp in there...I suppose if there's been Barbel in the Clyde...since I first heard of them 20 yrs ago.its probable..and likely that they have spread all over the system..God..Cambuslang...I can get there in 20mins from my house...A wee bit of searching etc is called for next spring...Must be loads of places on that river not controlled by clubs AA's and such...that could be fished for free...Lets just hope they are'nt in the heart of Ned land :D
Tangler
Ps: and to think Ive been heading down to Yorkshire for the Barbel fishing these past 4-5yrs....

17 Oct 2008, 00:03

Hi, I am new to the forum, my name is Fergus, Ferg for short. I have recently moved to the South side of Glasgow and am looking for some local fishing. I used to fish the Kelvin and Barrhead Dams, the latter is now a struggle to get anything. I stumbled across this post, now some years old I know, after thinking about fishing the Clyde, from the weir at Glasgow Green up a couple of miles to Cambuslang. I am really intrigued about barbel after working with a guy from down south who was mad for them - fishing with spicy pepperami sounds most bizarre to me!
So has anyone any advice on fishing for barbel, or indeed anything else in this stretch of the Clyde? I was thinking of pre-baiting a couple of areas for a week or two by Richmond Park and in the area opposite the old Springfield Primary School.
Really looking forward to getting to grips with some real coarse fishing this summer :D

13 Apr 2012, 15:25
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4