View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 12:43

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bookers pit 

hey guys fished bookers pit today from 7am till 2pm was fishing for roach /perch
7 hours spent baiting swims fished my backside off and all i got was 1 very small perch :(
if the pit is 8 to 15 foot deep then the weed is 4 to 10 foot deep water looks great but weed is terrible.

was talking to a local guy who also pointed out that some polish people had 2 nets in the water and then the polish pike fishing team turned up :? and began to tell me that the fishing hasent been that good :x :x

not that i am saying there is no fish left just either the weed was stopping me from catching or i just suck :shock: .........na it was prob the weed tryed swimfeeder in another spot snagged lost.

Then i tryed another part of the pit in goes the plummet snag gone :( i think ill try lanark loch soon hope i have better luck there also found 2 pike heads on one of the footpaths heading back to the car :x

ps.. dose anybody on this forum fish for roach or is it all big carp you guys fish for i would like any tips were to fish at lanark for big roach thanks .

15 Sep 2012, 15:44

i think it may be generaly Carp :? The Hint is in The Website/ Forum Title SCOTTISH CARPERForum of the Scottish Carp Group

16 Sep 2012, 15:16
Profile WWW

ah ok just that the board index has GENERAL COARSE ANGLING on it :roll:
Ill try not to ask anything that dosent have Carp in it. :)

16 Sep 2012, 16:28

Ask away Stephen, it may be the scottish carp group but there is a GENERAL !!! coarse fishing thread, SEA angling, GAME fishing and even a PREDATOR section :roll:

The bulk of us may fish for carp but there are plenty of us who fish for other species, just direct your questions to the appropriate thread ans we'll try and help out if we can! :wink:

16 Sep 2012, 17:29

stephen1975 wrote:
ah ok just that the board index has GENERAL COARSE ANGLING on it :roll:
Ill try not to ask anything that dosent have Carp in it. :)

PMSL OK mate there are some good roach spots on Lanark like the back wall near the outlet and the bay just before the out let also up near the bumper-boats good luck btw there are some nice Perch in there as-well 8) :wink:

16 Sep 2012, 19:05
Profile WWW

Thankg guys really, i need all the help i can get :) ill try the spots you mentioned and post in the rite section of the forum next time :oops: thanks again tight lines.

16 Sep 2012, 19:52

oryt mate,

Theres plenty good roach spots on lanark, back wall inlet, tench bay but the beech/ tench point there is a reed bed, fish against that, theres always nice roach there, front wall is always good. just fish maggots, ground bait seems to kill the swim, with a waggler just under depth, youll pick roach up all day mate, :)

16 Sep 2012, 20:19

Cheers YuG ill try those spots new week cya tight lines :)

16 Sep 2012, 20:35
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]