View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Oct 2021, 20:00

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What Bivvy ???? 

I'm looking for a decent 1 man bivvy with attached or zipped in ground sheet. Preferably pram hood type and fairly easy and quick to get up. Not wanting to spend a fortune tho. Any thoughts lads?

23 May 2015, 21:38

have the JRC defender for years comes with removable groundsheat and winter skin never had any trouble with it even in torrential rain and high winds :D tried and tested I would recommend one of these mate .you don't need to buy a bivvy 5 times the price don't fall for carp magazines bumf :wink:

12 Aug 2015, 11:10

I have a defender brollie and overwrap...which is in fact not a brollie at all but an open fronted pram hood bivvy.

I love it as it's light, easy to use and does what I want it to do. It only cost £130 with the overwrap.

Saw me survive the downpours last Monday at Kinghorn where it was like someone emptying buckets of water every hour or so!

They don't make the Defenders any more, they have been replaced by the "Contact"..but this is a 2 not a 3 rib design. The only 3 rib is the Cocoon.

I am looking for something a little more "winterproof" and will be getting a Chub RS Max that is a 3 rib with peak. More versatile than some on the market and have been getting some great reviews by folk that use them. The winter skin turns it into an awesome bivvy.
http://www.chubfishing.com/en-gb/produc ... max-bivvy/

17 Aug 2015, 08:52

I forgot to mention the new SKS bivvy from Sonik. May be what you are looking for?

18 Aug 2015, 12:54
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]